The detection of sentinel lymph nodes using Sentimag® is ultrasensitive – and as it is proximity-based, localising nodes is highly intuitive. The system is suitable for both pre- and post-incision use, and its sensitivity can be adjusted according to three levels from the front panel control. The Sentimag® instrument uses the principle of magnetic susceptometry and generates an alternating magnetic field which transiently magnetises the iron oxide particles in Sienna+®. The tiny magnetic signature generated by the Sienna+® particles is then detected by the Sentimag® probe.
Key features of Sentimag®
- Ultrasensitive detection – Proximity-based sensing for accurate node localisation
- Intuitive localisation of nodes – Audible pitch variation means the surgeon can focus on the patient
- Flexible – Suitable for both pre- and post-incision use
- Large two-colour digital display, easy to read even in low light
- Simple to use after a short period of familiarisation